Dunbar Rotary President Tom Badger and myself!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Glasgow with ARK and Nichole of NC





Today I finally made it to Glasgow. Have been meaning to get there for some time now and figured if I didn't just put it on the calendar, I would never go! [This seems to be my tendency with many things: thus, please note that if you want to make plans with me, it is IMPERATIVE I actually write down the date in my day runner-or it may not happen. Unfortunately, some of you may know this side of me all too well...but this year I am resolving to work on this!!]

Andy and his friend from NC, Nichole, came with me. We caught the train from Edinburgh Waverly Station and got into Glasgow around 1130am. The day was filled with shopping, good food, and a visit to the Glasgow Cathedral. After we saw the cathedral, we explored the enormous necropolis behind it. The necropolis was set upon a large hill overlooking the city. We got up there right around 330pm, which was perfect for that eerie-almost-sun-down atmosphere.

PS- my camera battery was dead, so pictures are limited from this trip

No comments:

Post a Comment