Dunbar Rotary President Tom Badger and myself!

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Arthur's Seat: Maggie Turned Mountain Goat





Climbed Arthur's Seat today (which is that giant hill/mountain thing pictured in one of my earlier posts.) I have not felt so out of shape in a long time! In my defense, the route we chose to take up was riddled with stones, dirt, giant rocks, and some VERY steep angles. It took a lot of concentration to try and hide the fact that I was out of breath over 90% of the time on the way up...was relatively sure I would suffer a mild myocardial infarc before reaching the top.

Needless to say, I made it to the top with minimal damage (and you can see in that I am still around to write!)

Attached are pictures. View was spectacular. The wind was intense. It was incredible to experience the extreme changes in wind from the city area to the top of the Seat. Hence, the interesting hair and windburned face you will see in my pictures!

Loving life over here more and more every day!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha, the arm on bed. very funny. and the kilts. yes. I find them kind of attractive too. nice blog! fun to read. see you soon x

    ReplyDelete