Dunbar Rotary President Tom Badger and myself!

Friday, September 11, 2009

Packing: Chapter 1

So this is my first official post! Unfortunately, for all of you, it happens to fall on the day in which I am ambitiously attempting to do a large portion of packing for Edinburgh. It is not going well. And "not going well" doesn't even accurately capture the situation.

For those of you who know me, I would not characterize myself as having tendencies to "travel light." In truth, that is a severe understatement. But it is surely a bit unrealistic that I am expected to fit all of my life's needs for a year into 3 50lb suitcases? Really?! (My parents have been gracious enough to travel with me and are giving me an extra suitcase.)

One of the primary problems here is the weather in Edinburgh. It's cold. And it is cold pretty much all year around (although, I admit my idea of cold may be slightly skewed.) This essentially translates into sweatshirts, sweaters, coats, and boots, all of which take up copious amount of room. Not to mention the sheets, duvet, towels, and other misc items I am required to bring.

All of this makes doing ANYTHING unrelated to packing VERY appealing. In fact, so appealing that I keep leaving the packing project to do laundry, scavenge the kitchen for something to eat (despite not being hungry), and primary example--posting a blog.

Of course, my solution for this whole situation would ideally be to have Mimi, Baby, Bright Eyes, and Mr. Stripes (my parent's cats) take on this daunting task for me, but apparently they're off today. Will see what I am able to accomplish as the day progresses.

Onward ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment